Valentine’s Dinner Date Recipe: Savory & Sweet Crepes
John and I don’t usually go out for Valentine’s day. This habit started back when we were dating. We both worked at a restaurant and obviously Valentine’s Day was a huge money maker for us, so there was no question that we would always work on Valentine’s and celebrate later. Even though we no longer work at the restaurant, we just never find ourselves fighting the crowds to get a table. I would much rather opt in for a Valentine’s dinner date at homethat can be made together, like these sweet & savory crepes!
Valentine’s Dinner Date Recipe: Sweet & SavoryCrepes
What says love better than crepes? I mean they come from France, which it’s capital city is Paris, the city of love. So, if you do the math then crepes are the go-to romantic food for lovers. We also chose crepes, because they are one of our favorite things to eat, you can customize them however you want, and it is also something that you probably don’t make everyday!
Ingredients to make the Crepes:
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of flour ( I used Simple Truth from Kroger)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Sugar ( I used Simple Truth from Kroger)
*We bought all of our ingredients for the crepes fromKroger.
- Mix all of the ingredients into a blender and mix well.
- Pour mix into bowl and let it sit for a few minutes.
- While mix is setting, heat up a frying pan on low-medium heat.
- Spray with cooking spray or oil.
- Pour 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of mix into the pan and swirl the pan to coat it evenly with the crepe mix.
- Let the crepe cook until the edges are golden brown.
- Using a very thin spatula get under the crepe and flip over, continue to cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and repeat for as many crepes as you would like.
California Style Crepe:
- Turkey Deli Meat
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Spring Mix
- Monterey Jack Cheese
You just layer all the ingredients onto the bottom half of the crepe. Then fold the top half towards you and then fold one more time, till it makes a triangle.
Strawberry & NutellaCrepe:
- Kroger Chocolate Syrup
- Fresh Strawberries
- Whip cream ( optional)
Spread nutella on the bottom half of the crepe. Then add sliced strawberries. Fold the top half of the crepe towards you and then fold it one more time to make a triangle. Then drizzle the Kroger Chocolate syrup over the crepe and add strawberries and whip cream.
This crepe is one of my favorites, because it is so simple to make and only needs a couple ingredients!
Little disclaimer – crepes take team work if you have not made them before! It took both of us to flip the crepes haha! Which, honestly made it so much fun! We did have a few “flips” that did not go so well, but luckily we were in no hurry and just kept at it until we got it right. So, give yourself some time to enjoy the process and try something new together this Valentine’s Day!
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Thank you so much to Kroger for sponsoring this post. Opinions are 100% our own.