DIY Flower Crown
Flower crowns have been SO popular this year. So, you know we just HAD to makea DIY flower crownas a prop for our Friendsgiving photo booth.Although, once I put it on and realized how perfectly it matched my outfit… I may have just worn itfor the rest of Friendsgiving! I couldn’t help it, flower crowns are so fun! It was so easy to make and is perfect for a photo booth at any event.
DIY Flower Crown
- Floral Tape
- Grapevine wire ( This can be found at most craft stores, I got it from Michael’s)
- Flowers ( I used fake flowers, but this can also be done with fresh flowers)
- Wire Cutters
- Measure your head with the wire ( I added an extra 1 1/2 inches, since it is a prop and I wanted to make sure it would fit other people as well) andtwist or tiethe ends of the wire togetherto make a circle.
- Onceyou have thewire circle, then take another piece the same length and wrap it around the first piece to give it a vine look.
- Decide how you want your flowers to be arranged. I decided on my crown that I wanted flowers on only one side. I cut the flowers and wrapped the ends with floral tape. (You technically don’t have to do this step, I just wanted to cover up the ends of the stems and it also allowed me to mix the flowers and make a stem with several different flowers on one stem.)
- Use the floral tape to secure your flower stems to the crown by wrappingthe floral tapeseveral times around the wire crown.
- If there are some spots that need to be filled, go back in with a hot glue gun and add in some extra greenery to fill inany emptyspace between the flowers.
I hope your DIY flower crowns are a huge hit at your next event! If you have any questions or if you have made these before, let me know in the comments 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by!