Pin Board Travel Map
“To Live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. – Oscar Wilde”
I have a deep longing in my soul to see the world. I can’t explain where it comes from I just know it to be true. I never traveled much as a kid except to see family, but as I read more I learned the world was massive and I wanted to see it all. There is to much to see and do and it would a shame if I cheated myself out of a mighty big adventure. I’m blessed to have a wife who shares this passion and so now I have someone to share these adventures with. This idea came out of wanting to document those adventures. We selected a color pin for us each individually and then a color for us together, marking all the places we have been and allowing us to dream of where the next pin will go. This Pin Board Travel Map is a fun and simple project for anyone who loves to travel.
Pin Board Travel Map
- Cork Board
- Wood Glue
- Spray Glue
- 1 x 2.5 x 8 Common Board (2)
- 4 x 4 Plywood Sheet
- Wood Screws
- Wood Stain
- First thing is to measure the map so that you can have an idea of what size to cut the plywood, leaving a 2.5 space around the edge in order to make room for the frame.
- Next cut the plywood and cut the common board to fit the outside of the frame.
- Once cut, sand and stain the outer frame pieces and let dry.
- While those pieces are drying, measure of the cork board to fit the map size and cut it accordingly.
- Using the Spray Glue, attach the cork board to the plywood.
- Once that is dry, glue the map to the cork board making sure to flatten out any bubbles.
- Now one at a time use the wood glue to attach the frame pieces to the plywood at the edges of the map. Use clamps to hold the two pieces together and then from the back, drill the pieces together using the wood screws.
- Repeat this for each frame piece.
- Add a hanging fixture to the back of the frame making sure to center it on the back.
- Now find your favorite spot on the wall and hang it using a level.
- Finally place the pins on all the places you have been and then dream of where you will go next.
I hope this map has given you a fun and simple project that will inspire you to see the world. I’d love to hear some of your favorite places you have been or places that are at the top of your list to see. Let’s be adventurers. You can follow alongwith us at we travelwith #omttravel!
Thanks for stopping by!